Icon Legal’s principal, Leah Manning, has set out to create a law firm that focuses on the needs of the client.
The Icon Legal team is experienced in a vast area of property transactions other than just residential and commercial properties, such as:
- Retirement Village transactions, an area governed by different legislation to residential and commercial. We can deal with your conveyance as well as other transactions such as transmission applications. We know that moving into aged care can be an anxious time and we are here to help.
- Management rights, acting for the purchaser or vendor to ensure that all rights, interests and obligations are dealt with under all relevant agreements.
- Business sales, including carrying our due diligence, the conveyance of any real estate, assignment of any leases, transfer of any vehicles or licences.
For our conveyancing clients, from reviewing the contracts prior to signing, to attending settlement, we are committed to making your transaction as smooth as possible and providing excellent value for money.
Unfortunately disputes are an inevitable fact of life. Icon Legal is experienced in:
- Debt recovery
- Property disputes
- Workplace disputes
- Franchise agreements
- Contractual and commercial
- Wills and estates disputes
- Social media IP and defamation
Icon Legal is committed to providing you with a no-nonsense, realistic and genuine approach to all your family law issues. Our dedicated, driven and compassionate team will be both firm in handling your affairs, and sensitive to your individual needs.
Icon Legal can assist you with:
- Parenting Matters – Reaching an agreement on the parenting arrangements of your children after a separation can be an extremely stressful time. Icon Legal has the knowledge and expertise required to help you in reaching that agreement, and progressing through the courts if needs be.
- Property related matters – Icon Legal can assist you in the division of your assets and liabilities after separation, and in various other property related matters.
- Domestic violence matters – Icon Legal can provide you with legal advice whether you wish to make an application for a Protection Order (domestic violence order) or contest an application made against you.
- Expert Counsel – If it is necessary to make an application or response Icon legal can call on our expert counsel (barristers) to assist with your matter whether for advice or representation.
- Binding Financial agreements – The Family Law Act provides for parties to a marriage or de facto relationship to enter into a binding legal agreement about the financial arrangements should their marriage or de facto relationship break down.
- Costs – Costs will always be disclosed for each step of the process. And we aim to resolve the matters at the earliest stage to reduce your costs.
Wills and estates
Icon Legal also does wills and estates, which includes:
- Applications for probate
- Powers of attorney – including enduring powers of attorney
- Basic wills
- Testamentary trusts
- Transmission applications
- Requests to record deaths
- Estate administration
For our wills and estates clients, we are committed to giving you personal and individual advice and attention.
Leah Manning, Principal
Leah Manning, Principal
A former police officer, Leah has over ten years experience in property law and began her legal career dealing exclusively in conveyancing.
Throughout her studies she was awarded prizes for both academia and property law excellence.
Leah worked in a specialist conveyancing firm affirming her knowledge and experience in property law, and then went on to work for Minter Ellison Lawyers, one of Asia Pacific’s leading law firms whose client base consists of blue chip companies and leading multi-nationals.
Leah was the Practice Manager of the Brisbane Property team, and managed around 60 staff. Her diligence and ability to perform under pressure guarantee that her clients receive superior service.
Debbie Brown, Senior Paralegal
Debbie Brown, Legal Officer / Practice Manager
Deb is a senior paralegal who has over 25 years’ experience acting for sellers, buyers and developers. She has a full understanding of all stages and aspects of the conveyancing processes and nuances.
Although Deb has completed her law degree, she has elected to continue as a paralegal. She loves building rapports with her clients and can assist them with residential, commercial and business conveyancing.
Deb’s experience, together with her client and service focus, will ensure that Icon Legal’s conveyancing clients receive a superior level of service whilst minimising any risks throughout the transaction